Women Leaving Medicine believes that:
- Slowing the Physician Brain Drain is vital to the well-being of our society
- Women physicians have the right to nurture their families to the extent they desire
- Women leaving medicine represent a great wealth of training and experience that must be tapped, to continue to benefit society.
Women Leaving Medicine holds these beliefs because:
I, Philippa Kennealy, am a work-from-home physician business person, a mom, and a fierce physician advocate.
I am deeply troubled by the disillusionment and disengagement many physicians experience, and the impact on the future of healthcare.
I am equally distressed by the difficulties women physicians face when balancing the demands of families and professional responsibilities.
I know that stay-at-home women physicians want to still contribute meaningfully to others, and lack the right opportunities.
I am inspired to be part of the solution to our healthcare crisis.
I hate waste!
I challenge all you Women Leaving Medicine to consider the following:
- You are too valuable to society to “go to waste”
- Success does not demand the sacrifice of your loved ones
- You can nurture your family and continue to change the world
- It’s up to you to craft your personal and professional journeys, as you would a Work of Art
- Crafting your Well-Lived Life takes imagination, boldness and creativity, along with all of those amazing physician “smarts” of yours